It's amazing how clear things become, like waking up and realizing you have been asleep.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ode

You are my safe place.
You are my solace in the rain.
You are always there when I need you,
and you never speak ill of me.

You never pass judgment,
or hurt my feelings.

You are warm when it's cold out,
and cool when it's hot.
You are soft where you should be,
and hard where you're not.
You comfort me in times of sorrow,
and bring joy it times of sun.


You can go anywhere I need to be,
and never put up a fuss.
You always hold my purse for me,
and make my friends feel welcome.
I can lean on you anytime I need,
come rain, or sleet, or snowstorm.

You are the strong, silent type,
but often whisper softly.

I love everything about you,
and know you'll always protect me.
You are everything a man should be,
My beautiful King Ranch F-150.

1 comment:

  1. I dig this one alot, however mine was a '67 Chevy pick up. Very tempermental but awesome at high speeds...

    ReplyDelete