It's amazing how clear things become, like waking up and realizing you have been asleep.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Let's Get Started

Welcome to my blog!

I'm not yet sure what I will be doing with this, but I figured it's damn well time I started it.

For those who know me, this next part will come as no surprise.

15 days after I turned 27 I woke up and realized that I needed to change my lifestyle, and by change my lifestyle I mean quit my job.  I needed to find a way to make a living creatively, and not be at the mercy of a corporate job with strict corporate rules.

Yes, having a 401K, health insurance, and a steady paycheck is nice, but I haven't written anything other than corporate-voiced emails in about a year.  Virginia Woolf said that in order to write, a woman must have a room of her own.  The part she didn't mention, however, was time.  In order to write, a woman (or man, but we're talking about me here) must have time to write.  This is a concept I have been working over for some time now.

In order to be creative, one must have time to create.

I've realized that it's time to start creating a life for myself that suits me.  That is never going to happen if I am plugging 40 hours a week into a job that I hate.  I'm not getting any younger, and conventional life doesn't make me happy.

What am I going to do instead?  I'm going to write.  And paint.  And maybe some other things.

How am I going to make a living?  I have no idea.  I'll figure that part out as I go.

I am intending this blog to be a creative outlet.  I am curious to see what it turns out to be.

Feedback is always welcome.
Thanks for stopping by!http://poetrycowgirl.blogspot.com/p/updates_19.html

No comments:

Post a Comment